Nov 13, 2007

Tamarindo


(yes I saw this)
This weekend we took a trip to the Pacific West Coast, a super touristy town called Tamarindo. It's probably one of the most well-known vacation spots for travelers and surfers, more like Hawaii with all of its luxurious hotels, expensive restaurants, and fiesta-goers. Originally, since none of us preferred to be around so many gringos, we had planned to stay in nearby beaches. But because we didn't arrive until 10 at night, we decided to just stay. And we ended up having tons of fun there! P.S. That bus ride was the longest 6.5 hours! But I took drammamine, which knocked me out the ENTIRE time haha.

That night, we ate a late dinner at a place called La Palapa. It was okay. Not my fave place. Then we went out to the Monkey Bar. It was crackin and super crowded! I hadn't been around so many white people since I've been here, so it was kind of a shock. It was really fun though; they had a live band, dancing to hip hop (yes!), and in general, people looking to have a good time. We met this old creepy guy who bought us all drinks, which I have no idea why, and who followed us to the next party. He ended up not being too creepy though. But he did love Charlie haha...

So the party continued on at Rey Sol, where they played all techno and trance music, a little too much for my liking. Also, the guys there were really grabby and gross, so we left.

The next day, we had an amazing brunch then laid out on the beach ALL day! It was soooo gorgeous and HOT! I later found out that we were really lucky, as the region that I was in was the only place in the country where it didn't rain or wasn't freezing.

Later that day, I saw the most BEAUTIFUL sunset I had ever seen. Here are the girls and me.

And doesn't the sky look fake? Well it wasn't! It's so amazing to me how all the colors form and mix together like that.

After that amazing view, we rested awhile, washed up in FREEZING showers, and went out. After a pretty crappy dinner, we headed out to Babylon, the poppin club for that night. The place was really cool...there was a live reggae band, a large dance and bar area, and a mini skate park! Who woulda thunk that right?

The whole night basically just consisted of a whole lot of dancing, meeting new people, oh and more dancing.

The next day, we decided to skip on the only bus heading towards San Jose, which left at 5:30 in the morn! Instead, we took our own private mini bus. It was kinda expensive, but the comfort was well worth it, in addition to the fact that we were able to spend more time at the beach. At one of our stops, we saw a gorgeous loro! Can you notice that it was looking straight at the cam!?

Okay I'm ending this blog the same way I've ended every other one after a weekend trip...It was amazingly fun and beautiful, and I didn't want to return to ugly San JO!

No comments: