Dec 18, 2007

semanas 10 y 11

So I’m just throwing in some random stuff that I forgot to write about before. Here is a picture of my mama and me x-mas shopping in downtown San Jo. I may be biased, but even after talking to my friends about their host moms, mine's is seriously the best host mom ever. Le amo...it's going to be soooo sad to leave her!

So one day my class went on a field trip to the coffee plantation in Heredia, which was about an hour drive away.

When we got there, we got to try all the different flavors of coffee, and the cool thing is that all their coffees are all originally made right there, and completely pure (no added sugars) too.

We went on a little tour to see all the processes of how the grain becomes the coffee that we drink (“grano de oro” they call it, or grain of gold, to signify how the industry had turned CR into a profitable and booming country).


Coffee is a huge part of CR’s history and what sustains their economy, as it is one of the largest and main exporters in the world. One interesting thing I learned is that the stronger the taste, the less caffeine it contains. So even though espresso tastes the strongest, it has less caffeine than a breakfast blend, for instance. cool yea? i know.
This cart is what you'll see all over CR. It's what they used to transport coffee and other goods back in the day.

On another day, our class visited la feria de arte at University of Costa Rica, in which all the students were able to exhibit and sell some of their beautiful works of art.

From paintings, sculptures, jewelry, to candles and calendars, there was a huge array of things to choose from. Perfect for buying presents, although it definitely was not cheap.
We got to go on a mini tour of the campus, and it made me miss being in one so much! More like, made me miss BERK so much. it's b/c Veritas is pretty much smaller than my preschool, so it doesn’t even feel like I’m attending a college.
On our walk to the fair, I saw a street in which almost all of the walls were covered in graffiti. I’m sure it didn’t represent “ghettoness” b/c to me, it looked like just another work of art.


Monday was our last Cuartel night in which we were able to see our favorite band play!

I STILL didn't figure out their band name! Oh wells…Anyways, it was awesome of course. I still love them and I will miss them direly. And guess what? My favorite guy pulled me up on stage to dance with him AGAIN! Ahhh, what a lucky girl I am..

Thursday we went to a club called Tavarua in San Pedro, where it was Ladies’ Night!!! Meaning, all of our drinks were free until 11pm, and we were presented with the best dance show ever! 3 hot men with the best bodies and who can shake their chanchitos soooo well!

Oh my goodness I was obsessed with this one guy here on the right. Probably the hottest guy I've seen here in CR

Here is me and Jamie with our wannabe bf Alex (Alejandro). It's so weird to think that I probably won't ever see him again... And I don't think I've never met someone like him before..

Salud! Man, I will seriously miss free drinks, or dollar beers...Never going to find that in the states.

No comments: