Nov 29, 2007

Thanksgiving in CR

Lookie! Our dog Camila met a boyfriend! Even though he was a naughty little pupster, it was super cute. I won't show the naughty things they were doing.

I still cannot believe I missed my first Thanksgiving at home, and it's my favorite holiday too! The day where I get to eat delicious food and spend time with my fam bam... At first, I was feeling really nostalgic for home, but then I heard that ISA would be organizing a really nice Thanksgiving dinner for us (and rumor was that cooks from the US Embassy would be coming to prepare good ol American food for us!) So we all got dressed in our nicest dresses, expecting a night in which we wouldn't have to miss home too much.

But this was what it was: a little hole in the wall right in the middle of downtown San Jo. It totally looked like a soup kitchen for homeless people. It was so small, we were literally eating on top of each other. And I felt really silly wearing my dress, as I could've easily just worn sweats.

Okay maybe I'm a little overexaggerating, but it just made me miss home even more. Man, I would kill for some hummus, some of that homemade sticky rice and sweet potatoes...

No comments: