Oct 24, 2007

Cuarta Semana

Well this is the first week in which I've gone out every single night! Which is kind of odd, considering that we have our first final exam on Friday! oh wells..no me importa nada haha. Let's see, on Monday we went to a bar called Roots, which will from now on be our new hangout spot. I love it! it has 2 stories with a cozy balcony/outdoor area, all the people there are really tranquilo, they play reggae music and praise Bob Marley! To top it off, it's within walking distance too! After that, we went to Cuartel, as usual, but this time I did not enjoy myself whatsoever. And it takes a LOT for me to not have a good time anywhere. First of all, my favorite band wasn't playing and there was a riDICUlous amount of people there. It took us almost 20 minutes to try to squeeze through the crowd towards the dance area! AND along the way, we were groped by practically every single guy! NOT fun. However, we did see a fat latin version of George Clooney. haha. See him? We tried to be discreet.

Like Cuartel is the night for Mondays, Tuesday nights are popular for a place called Soltan... a hookah bar! :) I had been missing hookah sooo much, so I was in heaven by the time the hose came around to me. Like the tequila shots, it was Randi's first time, so we got to corrupt her yet again! She loved it though ;)

If you add hookah, cute Ticos, the awesome reggaeton songs, and 50 cent beers all together, what do you get? Quite a fun night.

Wednesday we went out to dinner (one of the very few times here in SJ) at a really yummy Italian restaurant in Multi Plaza Mall. Then we watched Superbad! Or rather "Supercool" haha. It was my 3rd time watching and I STILL laughed my butt off.

Thursday I went to my first professional soccer game! The 2 best teams of CR played: Saprissas and Alajuelos. Of course I rooted for Saprissa, the number 1 team, whose team color is purple! It was such a fun and awesome experience, especially since futbol is such a huge deal for the Ticos. Here's some of us in front of the field.

And here's the crowd going wild when Saprissa scored the winning, and only, point of the game.

So this morning I had my final exam for spanish, and I was done in less than an hour. superfacil! Now I'm off to Monteverde for the weekend! :)

No comments: