Oct 1, 2007

Mini Tour of San Jose, Plus First Night Out!

Sunday afternoon mi mama took us on a tour of San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, and then today, we went on another one with our directors. It pretty much took less than an hour to see everything worth seeing and honestly, I don't think I'm ever going to come back to San Jo... unless I need to buy something, exchange money, or maybe go to their famous national theater, el Teatro Nacional. Pretty sexy it is.

Here are some of the chicas in my program...you ALWAYS need to carry una sombrilla because you may never know when it will start raining and for how long. (Usually though, it's hot and sunny during the day, rainy in the afternoon just for a couple of hours, and clear during the night...perfecto for going out to the clubs!). And apprently, October is supposed to be the rainiest month of the year! So I've been trying to buy some rubber botas, but no store seems to sell any! And for some reason, I haven't seen one Tico wearing any neither... Maybe cuz they aren't in style.. and boy do Ticos love dressing to whatever's in style. Even to go to school it's customary to dress up a bit. Well I guess I won't be wearing my sweats and sweatshirts everyday, like the bum (aka me) does in Berkeley..
And this is just to show that there are literally MickeyD's EVERYWHERE, en todo el mundo. Porque? No se.
So tonight was our first night out on the town! We went to a club named El Cuartel, where pretty much all of ISA was, tons of HOTT locals, plus a freakin awesome live band! Not only did they play the best kind of reggaeton, but they also played a bunch of Bob Marley, my FAVE! It was so crowded and hot in there, I probably sweated off all of my makeup. But I didn't care. The vibe and medio ambiente (environment) was amazing. And man, can Ticos move their hips! :)

Here are two of my housemates! Anival y Randi. My family already :)
This pic is hilarious. Typically, most Costa Ricans, although my lil Jackie is Nicaraguan, are 4 feet nothing, so I told her to stand next to probably the tallest woman in the club.

Unfortunately, after leaving this club, we tried to go to 2 others, but one was closed and the other one charged too much for all of us to get into. So I went home early. But it's all good, since I do have class at 8 in the morn! But at least now I know that CR isn't as dirt cheap as I had expected or hoped... And I will be prepared for next time. Which will probably be in 2 days. haha

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Celesticles! Hahahah
Hola de tu casa en San Mateo. We miss you over here!

I'm so jealous that you're there. It only gives me a bigger drive to study abroad when I'm in college. I can't wait and I'm so pumped!

So tu coche? Yo necistio un carro y me gusta. hahaha

ok have fun when you're down there! I will be posting comments for you non stop!